The Love Song Bookclub was Kazamatsuri’s eighth Bookclub, and was unique for focusing on not a VN or Anime, but a series of music albums. Specifically, Love Song and it’s successor Owari no Hoshi no Love Song. Both of these albums were composed by Jun Maeda, and together weave a story of a world that is ending. Both albums are available on iTunes for purchase internationally.
The Love Song Bookclub commenced on the 30th of January, and ran over 6 weeks (with some delays in between). The first three weeks covered Love Song, while the latter three covered Owari no Hoshi no Love Song. 4-5 songs were discussed a week on the forum, and each weekend a podcast was recorded wrapping the discussion up. In addition, some of our artists joined in by contributing fanart of Love Song’s various characters and stories. Bionic was awarded the prestige of the Love Song Bookclub’s Most Valued Poster for his invaluable contributions to pushing forward discussion and analysis for each song.
You can find links to all relevant discussion topics and each of the podcasts below.
Week 1 (30/1):
1. Hajimari no Saka (The Hill of Beginning)
2. Ao no Yume (Azure Dream)
3. Hoshi Naru Ishi (The Stone That Becomes A Star)
4. Hashiru (Run)
5. Hyakunen no Natsu (Summer of a Hundred Years)
Love Song Bookclub Podcast 1
Week 5 (13/3):
4. Flower Garden
5. Muteki no Soldier (The Invincible Soldier)
6. Kooru Yume (Frozen Dream)
7. Executioner no Koi (Executioner’s Love)
8. Toaru Kaizokuou no Kimagure (The Whims of a Pirate King)
Love Song Bookclub Podcast 5
Week 6 (27/3):
9. Yuki no Furanai Hoshi (A Planet With No Snow)
10. Hifukiyama no Mahoutsukai (The Sorcerer of the Volcano)
11. Last Smile
12. Hero no Jouken (Hero)
13. Kono Hoshi no Birthday Song (Birthday Song for This Planet)
Love Song Bookclub Podcast Finale